Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2026

The Oil of Faith...

I've been away from and neglecting this blog for months now. Life gets busy sometimes.

Today I wanted to break that neglect and start posting new entries again. I'm still not on a schedule for this, but I will try to post regularly again.

Recently, I saw a discussion about the 10 Virgin's Parable and a side conversation about what the Oil represents.

Most people default to the Holy Spirit on this, and then comes the arguments about how could it be the Holy Spirit if, this and that, and such and such.

I have always held that the Parable of the Ten Virgins is for the Tribulation time. Not about the rapture. The Bridesmaids are not the Bride. Simple as that.

IMHO:

The Oil is "Faith", not the Holy Spirit.

The long term theme has always been about Faith under Pressure, pressed on all sides and yet remaining faithful.

The Olive is crushed under pressure to produce the Olive Oil that is often used in Oil Lamps of the time.

The Bridesmaids all start with OIL, but you don't run out of Holy Spirit, you can however run out of Faith if it was based on the wrong thing.

The Holy Spirit is immersive and over flowing and immeasurable. Faith comes in all sizes and lack, from ones with no faith, to the size of a mustard seed, or as an enduring faith.

The key is: Faith in what? Christ? or yourself?

If Faith is the Oil, then it is a curious comment that the 5 wise tell the 5 foolish to go to town to buy more. :)

Can you buy faith?

Can you buy the Holy Spirit?

Those in the Tribulation will all start out at the same level, but only those with the extra Faith will make it to the end of their run. Only they will go to the Wedding Feast (after the Bride and Groom have already been married).

I still believe this interpretation of this parable even now.

Grace and Peace to you all through our Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh! 



Don't be a grape. 🚫 🍇

🦊 Jack [ The Foxman on the Wall ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoyed this post?